Essentials of Effective Leadership
Management consists of getting things done through other people.
This course is designed to further your understanding about the nature and dynamics of interpersonal behavior related to organizational performance by providing an introduction to theory and research in the behavioral sciences. We will devote our efforts to developing a more complex understanding of issues such as motivation, social perception, interpersonal influence, communication, group decision making, commitment, and leadership. Using a combination of case discussions, group activities and lectures, our primary goal is to offer conceptual frameworks and principles that will help you to improve managerial effectiveness.
Course Topics & Schedule
1 • Introduction
• Introduction to the Course
• Fundamental Challenges in Leadership
2 • Making Decisions
• Fundamentals of Psychology: How do we think? How do we comprehend information?
• Thinking Defaults
• Common Decision Traps
3 • Judging People
• Self-fulfilling Prophecy
• Forming Impressions of Others
4 • Managing Teams
• Advantages and Disadvantages of Decisions by Teams
• Social Influence
5 • Influencing Others
• Influencing Others
• Conclusions from the Course
12 Angry Men